Friday, March 28, 2014

Change of plans.... again!

Just wanted to give everybody an update that my surgery was pushed back a week. It will no longer be this Monday, it will be on April 7th. I went for a blood draw on Tuesday and my platelets were so low they wanted to be safe and push the surgery back instead of waiting to see if they go up. If my platelets are too low, my blood is really thin and I'd bleed too much during surgery and also won't heal as quickly. Neither of those things sound good! So I know they are making the right decision. But I was pretty bummed as I was all ready to go, had my schedule cleared, family had plans to come in town, etc. I want to keep this "journey" moving forward!  I went back yesterday and checked again, and they had gone DOWN, so now my fingers are crossed that they'll start going up a lot very soon! My next  check is on Wednesday. I thought I was finished with #plateletprayers but apparently my body just has still not recovered from the chemo drugs. So #plateletprayers are back on!! In the meantime... I'm going to try and make the most of it and enjoy my extra week before surgery!! Thanks so much for all the love and support and I'll keep everyone updated. :)

XO

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    Have you tried eating or drinking more protein to help with the platelets? My dad is diabetic and has a wound on his leg that was not healing well. About a month ago his doctor suggested he up his protein intake and over the last month the wound has shown significant inprovement. Dont know if that will help your platelets or not, but it might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete