Tuesday, March 11, 2014

ONE.MORE.

TOMORROW IS MY LAST CHEMO!!! HOPEFULLY EVER!!!

I'm very excited to be almost done with the first stage of my treatment! It hasn't been horrible for me, but I'm ready to be one step closer to the end of this journey. Tomorrow I will get my blood drawn at 9AM and as long as my counts are good- which they should be- then I will get my last treatment. It is just going to be one drug, taxol and it should only take about an hour. It's also my mom's birthday so she'll be on hand and then we will have lots of celebrating to do tomorrow night!

I will say that I have been so happy with all of my treatment and the wonderful doctors and nurses that I have met at Baylor Hospital. I will miss them! I'll see my Oncologist one last time a week from tomorrow to check my blood counts one more time and see how everything is looking before surgery. Surgery is set for March 31st. I'm pretty nervous about it and not looking forward to being stuck in bed for 2-3 weeks after. Especially during the most exciting part of the hockey season and when the weather is turning pretty!! But gotta do what you gotta do I guess, and hopefully it won't be too terrible.

I've felt really good lately and been really busy with work. I've had some great opportunities come up to do some more pre and post game reporting for the Stars games in addition to producing and reporting for my show, Stars Insider.  Besides when I am at the hospital, I almost forget sometimes that I have the C word (I'm tired of saying it) and it has been great! I just want my normal life to go on and so far I've been able to do everything I'd normally be doing. (Just doing it all without my real hair which again has been the WORST part and really the only terrible part so far.)

So..... so far so good, and I'll give another update after my last chemo treatment!! Thank you for the continued love and prayers!! XO

3 comments:

  1. Did everything go well Wednesday Julie? I happened to read it that morning about 8:45 & prayed that it would happen (many others prayed too I'm sure).
    Sure was happy to see you, smiling & doing a great job right in the middle of all the MM9 festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All went well! Thank you so much for the prayers and for watching the Stars pregame show! :)

    ReplyDelete